Frequently Asked Questions
3/L, The Podium (fronting KULTURA)
ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Off-season, occasionally some of these scents continue to be available, and can also be made upon request.
In contrast, soy candles are made from soy beans (made into soy wax flakes) and natural oils. They are non-toxic and safe for the environment. Soy candles are also safe for people with allergies, bronchitis or even those on oxygen. They burn clear, with no smoke or irritants, and burn cooler: soy candles aren’t hot to the touch and burn 50% longer.
SCENTS & Sensibilities hand-pours 100% melted soy wax flakes into small batches of candles and soy melts, infusing them with beloved fragrance blends that have become favorites through the years. Soy Wax is a better alternative to Paraffin Wax because it does not produce harmful carcinogenic toxins. It is even safe enough to be used around persons suffering from bronchitis or allergy, or that are on oxygen.
Compared to the regular Paraffin Candles, Soy Candles have more benefits:
- Easy to clean up by wiping with a wet cloth
- Burns cleaner and does not produce smoke, irritants, nor black soot
- Burns clear and is not hot to the touch
- Burns slower and cooler
- Burns 50% longer
Look through our Soy Candles catalogue here and find one you love!
- Before every burn, trim your candlewick to at least ¼” in length to get a full melt pool.
- For best results, burn your candle to a full melt pool –wax melted evenly across container. Estimate of 1 hour for every 1” of the diameter of your container.
- If the candle is smoking, simply cut the wick a little shorter.
- Since a lit Soy Candle burns to liquid, it is normal for the wick to be displaced. Once the candle has cooled and started to solidify again, just straighten and center the wick. Let cool.
- Burn candle within sight
- Keep away from things that catch fire
- Keep away from children and pets
- Burn on heat-safe surface
- Keep wax pool free from debris
- Avoid drafts
- Never touch nor move hot candle
- Stop burning when ½” of wax remains
Ideal to use in bedrooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, or anywhere you want to create a relaxing but invigorating ambience. Reed diffusers exude a subtle and yet long lasting fragrance flamelessly.
Directions: Remove cork from container and discard. Insert the botanical reeds into the bottle. Allow 6 hours for fragrance to fully develop. Invert the reeds and place the opposite ends inside the bottle for more fragrance throw. Repeat this process when necessary.
Caution: Non-edible, but non-toxic. Do not use on unprotected surfaces, since fragrance oil can damage furniture, fabrics, painted surfaces, wood or plastic.
Start right after a bath. After gently toweling off, spray Scents & Sensibilities Dry Oil Mist on your your neck, arms, legs, and body. Massage lightly until absorbed.
Next, spritz Scents and Sensibilities Eau de Toilette over your pulse points, ideally where you applied the Dry Oil Mist, to hold the fragrance better: the nape of your neck, behind your ears, wrists, the inside bend of your elbows, decolletage, behind the knees, and back.
Finish off by spraying Scents and Sensibilities Eau de Toilette lightly over your hair: over the top of your head and just above your nape. Brush out to disperse scent.
Additionally, you can also spritz a small amount over your clothing.
Now every time you feel warm, your signature scent will begin to diffuse. Smell fresh and clean all day, just like you just stepped out of the shower!
Check out our Fragrance Layering Sets here. Great gift idea, too!
We would be happy to meet with you to talk about the scent experience you have in mind. Drop us a line here.
We offer larger volumes of our fragrance oils and all our machines are equipped with a unique micronization technology and intelligent control systems. Our Scent Solutions packages include scent consultancy, venue assessment, installation and post-installation checkups to make sure you and your guests have the best experience possible and that your system remains easily sustainable. We would be more than happy to discuss what’s possible for your needs. Ask us about our Scent Solutions here to find out more.